The treatment of infertility with Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) dates back over 2000 years. These ancient, time-tested techniques improve fertility rates and support a women’s whole body, unlocking unlimited potential for health, healing and childbearing.
Studies reported by the American Pregnancy Association suggest that the most effective fertility treatments involve a combination of Acupuncture, herbal medicine and traditional medical interventions. However conception does sometimes occur without traditional medical interventions when acupuncture and herbal medicines are used alone.*
Researchers from Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York reviewed recent studies and concluded that acupuncture helps to:
- Increase blood flow to the uterus, which improves the chances of an ovum implanting on the uterine wall.
- Reduce anxiety and stress. The hormones that are secreted during stressful situations can significantly decrease fertility.
- Normalize hormone and endocrine systems that regulate ovulation, especially in women with poly-cystic ovarian syndrome.
- Positively affect the hypothalami-pituitary-ovarian axis, which plays a key role in fertility.
- Regulate menstrual cycle.**
Fertility and Acupuncture Video
*American Pregnancy Association. http://www.americanpregnancy.org/infertility/acupuncture.htm
**Five ways acupuncture can boost fertility. Prevention.com.